Sunday, September 4, 2011

Changes for the Coles

This week was a big week in our house. Cameron started kindergarten!!! All summer we have been looking forward to it and planning for it. He was already to go on Tuesday, but because of Irene, his first day wasn't until Thursday, so I got a couple more days of spending time with my little boy.


The night before I packed his lunch, his snack and made sure he had everything he needed in his backpack. I added a note in his lunchbox, just like my mom used to do.


We started the morning off with chocolate chip pancakes....what better way to start kindergarten then with a sugar high!!!!


He got dressed quickly, and Reagan and I prepared to walk him to the bus stop. What I wasn't prepared for was how grown up he looked!!!


He chose spiderman shoes for school. It was the first time he really had an opinion about what kind of shoes he wanted. They even light up!


He waited patiently for the school bus, although he did have to sit down because his backpack was too heavy!


He got on the bus with no hesitation!


He waved to us as the bus drove away and he was off to kindergarten!
What I didn't expect was for Reagan to burst into tears! She was very upset that brother went off without her! She and I left for our walk and every school bus that passed she cried out for brother. She really loves him!

That afternoon Cameron got off the bus proclaiming that his teacher told him that he was a kindergarten star! He had a great two days of school last week, and is looking forward to going back on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment